Travel While You Work:
The ultimate guide to running a business from anywhere
All around the world, thousands of people are ditching the office and taking their working life on the road…
Freelancers are packing up their laptops and setting up shop in Thai cafes and Spanish coworking spaces, while entire companies are realising that they can slash their costs and have happier employees by allowing them to work from wherever they want.
Being able to see the world outside of a two-week vacation is pretty great, but it’s not just about the travel. It’s about doing away with all the constraints of office life – the commute, the cubicle, the bad coffee – and finding freedom in a more flexible way of working and living.
Travel While You Work is your guide to how you can make this transition too – whether you’re a freelancer or the head of your own company.
Over the course of over 300 pages, you’ll learn:
- The art of getting down to work fast in a new environment
- How to stay productive despite the hassles and distractions of travel
- Essential information about currencies and payments – including cross-currency payments
- Tips, tools and important principles for communicating with clients abroad
- A system for reliably hiring the best contractors and employees without meeting them in person
- How to manage a team when you’re all in different locations
… And everything else you need to make “out of office” your permanent reality.
Travel Like A Pro:
Road-tested tips for digital nomads and frequent travelers
It’s an amazing privilege to be able to zip all over the planet. But the process of travel can be exhausting, panic-inducing and complicated – even when you do it all the time.
Perplexing flight options, overpriced accommodation and dragging a wobbly-wheeled suitcase through an awful airport are enough to take the gloss off even the funnest of trips.
It doesn’t have to be that way: Travel Like A Pro is an entertaining, practical guide to becoming effortlessly mobile. With road-tested tips on everything from packing and flights to visas and insurance – and countless links to extra recommendations and resources – it’s for anyone who wants to skip the stress and glide through their globetrotting life.
In the book you’ll learn:
- What you should always take with you, and what’s really not worth the extra weight
- How to protect yourself, and your stuff, with the right insurance
- A system for booking the cheapest flights – without being forced into indirect routes and layovers, or having the experience take over your life
- Handy hints for surviving the airport and hacking carry-on baggage allowances
- Where to find the very best travel gear
- Which handy websites will make your trips a triumph
Protect Your Tech:
Your geek-free guide to a secure and private digital life
If your password for every website is “monkey” or “iloveyou”…you need to read this book.
Learn, in one afternoon, everything you need to know to keep your personal data secure and private when you work, shop and play online – using (mostly) free online tools.
Like most people, you rely heavily on your laptop or smartphone for many aspects of your personal and business life. But what would happen if your phone or laptop got stolen – what information would a criminal be able to find out about you?
The answer is: enough to get into your bank accounts and control your entire online identity. And in fact, your device never needs to leave your sight for you to be exposed to these risks every time you go online.
Protect Your Tech is an entertaining, action-oriented guide to safeguarding your digital life. With simple, jargon-free explanations, you’ll learn easy steps you can take to keep your personal data safely under wraps.
- How easy it is for someone to crack your online passwords – even “clever” ones like “Pa55w0rd!”
- The simple, but crucial, steps you need to take to protect yourself when you’re using your phone or laptop from a café, airport or other public place
- How to make sure that even if your device gets stolen, the thief can’t find out anything about you
- The dangers you’re exposed to if you use a “cloud” storage solution like Dropbox or Google Drive – and what to do about it
- How to avoid getting scammed when you’re buying online
- And much more!
May I Have Your Attention, Please?
Your Guide to Business Writing That Charms, Captivates and Converts
Let’s not mince words here: most business writing is tedious, pompous and bereft of the tiniest sliver of personality.
It’s near impossible for customers to cut through the “innovative solutions” and “passion for customer service,” and find out who can actually give them what they need.
For the business owner who’s willing to do something different, though, it represents a major – and inexpensive – competitive advantage.
May I Have Your Attention, Please? lays out 12 simple principles that allow business owners – even those with no writing experience – to attract and enchant their dream customers. With clear and concise explanations of what works and why, and examples of the best and worst text out there, you’ll have all the tools you need to turn readers into buyers into raving fans.
In this short book, you’ll learn:
- Simple techniques to turn your dull-as-dishwater business marketing into “can’t resist” copy – even if you don’t think of yourself as a “good writer”
- How to make price irrelevant and be the only choice for your ideal customer – by changing nothing except your copywriting
- The business writing “rules” you should revel in breaking
- Why copying your competitors is a dangerous waste of time… and what to do instead (without spending hours searching for ideas)
- The easily avoidable mistakes that are turning your customers off – even if they don’t know it
- A simple framework to help you blast through writer’s block and know exactly what to say in any piece of writing
- How to “read your customers’ minds,” and get them looking for reasons to buy from you